PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:18 pm  
Prospect

Basics!

1. Character's Name:

Varcrit

2. Class/Race:

Blood Elf Hunter

3. Main Spec/Off Spec:

Marks/BM (Until I get my four peice. Then BM/Marks) I am itemized for BM in prep

4. Please provide a link to your armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... rit/simple

5. Provide us a brief history of your guilds and why you are leaving your current guild.

DVS Gaming - Gambling during raids. Unruly officers. General Childish behavior. I had gone back to them after they promised me it had gotten better. It was worse. I left again not long after.
Nothing Ventured - Freinds guild that suddenly stopped raiding. They were normals.

6. How old are you?

7. Do you have access to a mic and mumble?

I do indeed. Professional grade set up if needed. Just a Kraken for everything else.

8. Do you have any raid ready alts? If so, list class and spec.

I have a shaman (Ele. Undergeared, But one trip through BRF fixes that)
Druid (Resto/Boom. Needs gear)

Raiding!

1. What tools and/or websites do you use to research your rotation/gearing/reforging/enchanting choices?

Elitist. Noxxic. General understanding of my class and its needs. As for my rotation. I use simple indicators for cds to manage priority. Tell me When typically fits this bill. Spell Flesh otherwise.

2. Please provide us a screenshot of your UI in a raid. How does your UI work for you in terms of cool down management

When I have one and I'm not sitting in line for 40 minutes waiting to complete this application. You got it. But My UI changes based on my tastes. I test a lot of things, and as a game designer myself...I can't seem to pick one I truly like.

3. What is your average DPS/HPS in T17 content? Please provide a screenshot of Recount/Skada from a recent raid, or even better, a WoL parse.

It varied fight to fight. I range anywhere from 28k to 33k dps. That is with marks. Higher end of 32k with BM. Still hunting that final tier piece. I also haven't raided Heroic in over a week, and don't measure with WoL, Never thought of outside resources as critical to enjoyment and performance in a game.

4. We raid Tuesday/Thursday 7:20-11:30 EST. Will you be able to make these two raids on a regular basis? Do you see your availability changing in the near future?

Those are my two least busy days. If I'm not there, somethings wrong.

5. Can you take constructive criticism? Are you prepared for hours of wipes in the name of progression?

So long as it is contructive. I enjoy good passioned debates, but I do not like condesencion. There is a difference between trying to up someones game, and putting them down for making mistakes. Consistancy is where "Fail" is, and it can only be broken with support...or just remove them.

6. Please discuss your raiding history, as well as your current T17 progression (Heroic, Mythic).

9/10 herouc. All of heroic HM. I have raided for nearly ten years in WoW, I was Tahar in kinetic back on frostmane, back when they were top ten in the world during BC. From there I've bounced around some, riding the line between hardcore and semi-hardcore. Not really finding a guild that fit me. It is always something. Leaders are overbearing, raiders are unskilled but friends with the raid leads. Honestly, I could wipe for months on a boss, so long as the company I am with is having fun.

This and that!

1. How is your connection? Do you DC often?

Verizon Fios, however set up in a new house. I don't DC often, but when I do...I scream at people until its fixed. Worked so far.

2. How did you hear about us? Do you know any current members of PGB?

Uttertare. Don't know the dude personally, seems like a nice enough guy.

3. Why do you want to join PGB?

Like asking why I need a job. I was broke, you were hiring. I don;t know of your reputation, I've only just seen the recruitment add, and was told to take my Hunter ass here to fill out an application. What I have is a passion for raiding, and I'll take any avenue I can in order to obtain that goal within a reasonable amount of time spent doing it. Preferrably with a group of people I can call my friends.

4. What's something that you, as a player, feel that you do exceptionally well? What could you improve on?

I focus on the mechanics of the fight, always have. Comes from my almost 6 years as a tank, mechanics and the avoidance of avoidable damage is what I do, and I do it near perfectly. However my focus on the mechanics, also means my dps suffers. I've never chased the top on the meters, you weren't hear me commenting on it, nor will I ever place it to priority. I will gladly do 2-3k less dps, then be another dead raider on the ground wondering why he died because he glanced up to the meters.

5. Tell us about yourself outside of WoW.

Irish born, Texas living, Game Designer currently undertaking the final two months of my second degree. Soon to start my Internship with a company based in Plano, which is why I recently moved to the area. Married, no kids, and covered in ink. Thats about it, at least on the surface, I'm sure as we get to know one another, that'll change.