It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:09 pm

Post subject: Kandrech - 692 Affliction Lock
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:19 pm  

So I originally thought I would demonstrate my qualifications for re-entering this guild by posting a list of victims that I bullied throughout school. Then I learned there were privacy laws about that kind of stuff. Then I thought about bullying the top bully here, Sqwuirt, challenging him for the king of bully ranks. The challenge remains open, but in the meantime, I shall comply with the fancy layout that Ryure posted and stickied.

Basics!

1. Character's Name: Kandrech, most commonly pronounced as "Kan Rech" with a silent d.

2. Class/Race: Undead Warlock

3. Main Spec/Off Spec: Affliction/Destruction - Demonology is really weird now, and that makes me sad.

4. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... ech/simple - I'll be getting gems soon. Haven't had a need for them in LFR, plus they're expensive :c

5. I was in PGB during Cataclysm. I had to quit in August of 2012 due to a combination of law school starting up and Dragon Soul driving me insane. I left PGB on Mannoroth because Mastah was the only one in it. Why did you leave me with Mastah?

6. 26

7. Mic yes. Mumble is somewhere in the bowels of my hard-drive.

8. If you count a ~655 ilvl Death Knight... Yes.

Raiding!

1. What tools and/or websites do you use to research your rotation/gearing/enchanting choices?
I am very efficient with my research process. I follow an umbrella academic structure, starting from the broadest of searching resources, and trickling down to lesser, but more specific, resources. In short, I Google.

2. Please provide us a screenshot of your UI in a raid. How does your UI work for you in terms of cool down management
I use the default UI. I'm retro like that. I have an impeccably sharp mind. AKA I have a macro that sync up Dark Soul, Soul Burn, and the legendary ring proc (because no one else in LFR has it, so I can use it whenever, yay!)

3. What is your average DPS/HPS in current content? Please provide a screenshot of Recount/Skada from a recent raid, or even better, a WoL parse.
I um... I do LFRs. Can't say I have any records to paste here, but my estimates are anywhere from 30,000 - 60,000 depending on the fights (Yay for multi-dotting!)

4. We raid Tuesday/Thursday 7:20-11:00 EST. Will you be able to make these two raids on a regular basis? Do you see your availability changing in the near future?
This sounds doable.

5. Can you take constructive criticism? Are you prepared for hours of wipes in the name of progression?
I'm in a profession that involves verbally ripping other people a new asshole. I'm sure I'll be able to manage! Unless you call me a doofus. Doofus triggers me.

6. Please discuss your raiding history, as well as your current content progression (Heroic, Mythic).
I skipped MoP. I came back to WoD in December and have been doing LFR/Normal pugs since. Kittens of Doom randomly invited me, and I was like "Yay, loneliness is gone!" but they don't raid. Also they're bad.

7. What stage of the current expansion’s legendary quest are you on?
I have my orange ring! Now I want to slay Archimonde, take his candy, and smush it really deep into the crevices of my ring, where you can't wash it out. Then I'll let it sit for a bit and its fel-goodness will wreak all over my temple of a body.

This and that!

1. How is your connection? Do you DC often?
I almost never DC... Except for when I do.

2. How did you hear about us? Do you know any current members of PGB?
I was with you guys, and then I had to bow out. Then I heard you guys were still going and I was like "I miss the bullies."

3. Why do you want to join PGB?
To bully people and raid.

4. What's something that you, as a player, feel that you do exceptionally well? What could you improve on?
I'm a lore nerd! I can lore you left, right, and center. Also, I'm really good at dropping summoning stones and jars of candy. I'm so kind with how much candy I give out. I don't even ask you to get in my van!

5. Tell us about yourself outside of WoW.
Law grad, novice artist, joker extraordinaire, and the coolest warlock NA.

Post subject: Re: Kandrech - 692 Affliction Lock
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:35 am  

Raider

Kandrech wrote:
Then I thought about bullying the top bully here, Sqwuirt [emphasis added], challenging him for the king of bully ranks.

You can't even correctly spell the name of our glorious leader and you want a raid spot? Begone!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:26 am  

Hasdrubal wrote:
Kandrech wrote:
Then I thought about bullying the top bully here, Sqwuirt [emphasis added], challenging him for the king of bully ranks.

You can't even correctly spell the name of our glorious leader and you want a raid spot? Begone!

Hey man, I just remember his name as being an incorrect spelling of Squirtle. I went with the flow!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:23 pm  

Gonna be all srz bsnss on y'all.

Generally everything looks fine. Unfortunately, summonstone which I use as a reference for other classes has shut down so I'm using other resources which may or may not be perfect, so bear with me. Looking at your gear, you're enchanted for destro/demonology while affliction prefers haste so I'm assuming you're gonna roll destro for now?

Also if you need gems, we can provide you gems (not the epic ones, those are expensive yo). Generally anything that is not BiS mythic gear, you put a rare quality gem in it.

We can take you on heroic runs and probably mythic runs (depending on numbers).

Anyway yeah, that's my post for now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:38 pm  

Yeah I've looked into both Noxxic and Icy-veins for Affliction info. The former dictates that haste is slightly superior to mastery, while the latter states that haste and mastery are equal priority (mastery for single target fights, haste for multi-target fights). Since Destruction also prioritizes mastery over haste, I thought it would be more cost efficient to enchant for mastery. That way, I can switch between specs without having to worry about much of a DPS hit.

I can go nab some rare gems really quickly, provided that Mannoroth's economy isn't all sorts of messed up.

Last edited by Kandrech on Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:47 pm  

It's common knowledge in the WoW community that Noxxic is trash and should never be used while Icy-veins is okay for a very quick look-over on a class. (which I admit I used to check on stats for you)

http://www.darkintentions.net/

This warlock site is ran by Zagam, former Icy-veins mod and guide writer so this is a good resource even though there's a LOT of number crunching on it. But generally Haste and mastery are equal so you're right on that part and as higher as you get in ilevel, the more VALUE you get from them.

If we're running heroics, you can join us (we did a partial clear on heroics last night so don't expect a lot of bosses).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:22 pm  

Numbers are fine! Crunching is fun. All these sets that they use to calculate that I don't have though. Hitting me right in the feels there Zagam...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:08 pm  

Dark Intentions works currently, but keep in mind that Zagam quit and is no longer updating that site. I'm unsure as to whether he has someone else working on it.

Doofus doesn't trigger me. Butthead does. I can't stand being called a butthead. I'm not sure why.

Why should we choose you over Ziharkk, our one true warlock?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:20 am  

Eronis wrote:
Dark Intentions works currently, but keep in mind that Zagam quit and is no longer updating that site. I'm unsure as to whether he has someone else working on it.

Doofus doesn't trigger me. Butthead does. I can't stand being called a butthead. I'm not sure why.

Because Ziharkk has been scarred ever since Francesca got drunk and talked dirty things with him online. He's never been the same since. I think his performance has been hindered by her womanly wiles.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:06 am  

Kandrech wrote:
Eronis wrote:

Because Ziharkk has been scarred ever since Francesca got drunk and talked dirty things with him online. He's never been the same since. I think his performance has been hindered by her womanly willies.

welp